Environmental Recycling of the BYOD Notebook Computers for The Southport School
TSS in conjunction with ACT Logistics is excited to offer families the opportunity to recycle any unwanted laptop and tablet computers. Any residual value after recycling cost will be paid to The Southport School Foundation to be allocated to future fundraising initiatives.
Students and Parents choose to donate Notebooks which have been made surplus when they purchase new equipment.
- This donated equipment is held in the secure trolley and collected by ACT Logistics (Located at the Senior School – Sheil Building – IT Help Desk)
- Equipment is processed and values applied to resalable Notebooks
- Excess values after processing is paid to The Southport School Foundation
Highlights of the Program:
- Simple Secure receptacle provided at school for collecting used Notebook Computers
- Full Audit, Assessment, and Reporting of equipment processed
- Data Destruction to render all equipment anonymous prior to resale
- Zero Landfill of any equipment
- No costs to school. Equipment value is used against processing fees
- Potential for excellent value return
- Recycled in accordance with Government and ISO14001 Environmental rules
Recycling Trolley Located at Senior School – Sheil Building – IT Help Desk