Happy Easter and COVID Updates

Headmaster – Mr Andrew Hawkins

Hopefully by now most readers of the newsletter will have read the email that was sent to parents, staff and students on Monday regarding the Covid-19 updates for Queensland. I am overwhelmed at the support of our community and your willingness to accept the decisions the school has made even though these decisions have had many repercussions for parents and caregivers around travel and work arrangements.

Our preference is always to align our decisions with St Hilda’s in terms of travel arrangements however in this instance, we have had to make premature decisions based on the sheer number of boys and staff that have been to Greater Brisbane for GPS activities and excursions.

These decisions are not easy to make however we do remind all families that we are the largest boarding school in Queensland and protecting the staff and students on both campuses is our number one priority when decisions around Covid-19 are made.

For those yet to read the communications to the community I have included an excerpt of the main points.

In light of the most recent Covid-19 updates for Queensland, TSS has made the following decisions for our school:

  1. For both campuses, Term One will conclude at the end of the school day tomorrow, Tuesday 30 March. These arrangements include our Preschool.
  1. Boarding travel arrangements are being adjusted accordingly for the TSS provided buses. We will supervise those boys that cannot change their individual boarder travel arrangements until Thursday.
  1. Wednesday and Thursday this week will be student free days with Term Two beginning on Monday 19 April, not Tuesday 20 April as per our current calendar.
  1. Students that have been in greater Brisbane since March 20 for Cricket, Sailing, Debating, or an excursion must stay home tomorrow (Tuesday 30 March). If they have to attend school for any reason tomorrow they will be required to wear their own mask for the entire school day.
  1. The TSS Year 12 Formal has been postponed until the end of Term Two.
  1. Decisions regarding Holiday Camps will be made at the close of business this Wednesday 31 March.
  1. All assessment scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday will be moved to early Term Two.

We pray for all families and their safety over the Easter period and hope that you enjoy the time with family. To our families who are unable to spend Easter together due to Covid-19 restrictions we hope that things settle enough to allow travel as soon as possible. Spare a thought over Easter for one of our resilient Year 11 Thorold boarders who has not seen his parents since starting at TSS in January 2021 from Singapore.

Happy Easter to all.

All Rights Reserved CRICOS Provider: 00523F Web Design by 7thVision

WordPress Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux