Term Dates 2019
Orientation Day – Tuesday 29 January
Term 1 Wednesday 30 January – Thursday 4 April
Term 2 Wednesday 24 April – Thursday 20 June
Term 3 Tuesday 16 July – Thursday 19 September
Term 4 Wednesday 9 October – Thursday 28 November
Orientation Day – Tuesday 29 January
Year 12 Graduation – Friday 15 November
Term Dates 2020
Orientation Day – Tuesday 28 January
Term 1 Wednesday 29 January – Thursday 2 April
Term 2 Tuesday 21 April – Thursday 18 June
Term 3 Tuesday 14 July – Thursday 17 September
Term 4 Wednesday 7 October – Thursday 26 November
Orientation Day – Tuesday 28 January
Rogers Boarding – Year 7
Senior Campus Map
Prep Campus Map
The Store is located near the tennis courts (on the Senior Campus) and can be contacted on 07 5531 9823. The Store personnel can be contacted via email: [email protected] or phone (07)5531 9823.
2019 TSS Store Opening Hours
During Term, The Store Opening Hours are:
- Monday 8am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday 8am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday 8am to 4.30pm
- Thursday 8am to 4.30pm
- Friday 8am to 5.30pm
End of Term 1 holiday hours are:
- Monday 15/04/2019 8.00am-4.30pm
- Tuesday 16/04/2019 8.00am-4.30pm
- Wednesday 17/04/2019 8.00am-4.30pm
- Thursday 18/04/2019 8.00am-4.30pm
- Friday 19/04/2019 Closed (Easter Friday)
- Saturday 20/04/2019 Closed (Easter Saturday)
- Monday 22/04/2019 Closed (Easter Monday)
- Tuesday 23/04/2019 8.00am-4.30pm
- Wednesday 24/04/2019 7.30am-4.30pm (first day back)
- Thursday 25/04/2019 Closed
- Friday 26/04/2019 8.00am-4.30pm
The Second-Hand Store is now located in the Hall of Fame of the Centenary Centre.
During Term, The Second-Hand Store Opening Hours are:
- Monday 8am to 10am
- Friday 8am to 10am
Preparatory School Uniform Guidelines (Preschool – Year 6)
Senior School Uniform Guidelines (Year 7 to Year 12)
Senior School Text Books
All textbooks are provided by TSS. These can be collected from the Senior Library.
Senior School Stationery
Book pack information has been finalised for 2019. Stationery packs may be ordered online through the Office Max website or you may print the relevant list from this website and purchase at your local stationery store.
Online Stationery Ordering at OfficeMax
School access key 6SU6Q
We would like to advise that we have partnered with OfficeMax as a supplier for our student’s 2019 Back to School resources. With over 40 years’ experience in the Education Sector, OfficeMax offers The Southport School parents competitive pricing via an online purchasing website that is loaded only with resources required by our school, and includes home delivery.
- Free delivery for orders placed before 10th December 2018
- ZipPay – a payment option that allows you to pay off your order, rather than full payment up-front
- All students can view a stationery list (below) containing the purchasing website address
- If you would like help placing your order, please contact the OfficeMax Customer Care Centre on 1800 004 427.
Senior School Stationery – Online ordering:
HOW TO ORDER
Ordering is fast, secure and convenient, just visit OfficeMaxSchools.com.au and follow these easy steps:
- Search for your school The Southport School, Southport, QLD (Day Students) and enter your school access key 6SU6Q if required.
- Complete the student’s details and select the relevant year level list.
- Review your requirements list and make changes(if required).
Please note: some list items have been denoted by your school as a requisite for the subject or year. If you need additional items, top up from our Back to School special range, and checkout.
Please note: For home deliveries only, if you have more than one student at the same school repeat above steps. Once completed, an order confirmation will be sent to your email address.
Please note: Any technology items you order will be sent separately to the rest of your items.
ORDER DEADLINES and DELIVERY INFORMATION
Your order will be delivered to your nominated address.
- Orders placed on or before 2nd December 2018 will be delivered free of charge before the end of December 2018
- Orders placed between 3rd December 2018 and 9th December 2018 will be delivered free of charge before the beginning of Term 1, 2019
- Orders placed between 10th December 2018 and 31st December 2018 will incur a delivery fee of $12.95, and be delivered before the beginning of Term 1, 2019
- Orders placed after 31st December 2018 will incur a delivery fee of $12.95 and cannot be guaranteed before the start of Term 1, 2019
Senior School Stationery Lists:
Year 7 Stationery List
Year 8 Stationery List
Year 9 Stationery List
Year 10 Stationery List
Year 11 Stationery List
Year 12 Stationery List
A compulsory stationery pack will be organised for all students by the Preparatory School and will be added to your Term One invoice to cover these materials.
Years 7 to 12 BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Program BYOD Information
Years 5 and 6 Device Program BYOD Information & BYOD Brochure
Car Parking & Student Drop Off
Parents can access the Centenary Centre parking or Library Car Park (top of school off Ferry Road) if they are dropping or picking boys up from school.
Parents are prohibited from driving past the bus turnaround leading up to the main school. In the interests of the welfare of our boarding community, it is imperative that there is minimal traffic on campus where our boys reside.
Parents are asked to keep in mind these few tips to help keep our traffic flowing.
- Please avoid using College Avenue
Having to let cars into the Lupus Street queue from College Avenue causes difficulties. Also, it would be good to give our long suffering neighbours of College Avenue some relief.
- Drive-through Pick Up
Everyone who wants to pick their son up from the drive-through pick up shelter MUST enter the carpark via Lupus Street. Parents who enter via Brolga Avenue and then attempt to cross over lanes to the pick up shelter, create delays.
- Park and Go
Our observations clearly demonstrate that the quickest way in and out of the school is to enter via Brolga Avenue and then park in one of the three rows of car parks. We now have a crossing supervisor manning the pedestrian crossing and boys can safely cross over to their parents parked car. Parents wishing to park MUST enter via Brolga Avenue. Parents who enter via Lupus Street and then try to cross over and park create delays.
- Arrive a little later
By 3.45pm each day the car park is virtually empty. Arrive between 3.45pm and 4.00pm and you will drive in and out.
- Do not leave your car if you are in the Drive-through lane
Please do not park and leave your vehicle in the drive through lane – even for just a moment. The success of the drive-through depends on keeping the traffic flowing. Drive right down as far as you can, do not stop mid-way down.
- Heading North? Use Warehouse Road and Harvest Court
The traffic lights at Harvest Court stay green longer than the ones at the top of Brolga Avenue and by using both sets of lights parents will halve the time it takes to get through.
TSS Parent Portal – MyTSS
MyTSS is our dedicated parent portal.
Prep parents will also have access to Prep Book for all day to day information, communication with their son’s teacher and general happenings at Prep.
Senior parents will have access to Canvas, along with access from Parent Lounge, and Online Data Tracking.
MyTSS offers access to day to day information including handy items such as: Link to Sports Website, Daily Notices, payment of school fees, tour bookings, team lists, calendar and events, videos & streaming of games and events.
Login and password details will be issued to parents via email.
MyTSS Parent Portal
GPS Tennis Camp (8th – 11th April): New students please contact the Tennis Department: [email protected] or phone 0405 388 143
Rise Tennis Camp (15th – 18th April): Sign up through www.rise.com.au