Posted: 28th November 2017
All new students, and ALL Year 7 students to attend.
What to wear – Summer School Uniform. Akubra, shorts, belt, short-sleeved shirt, long socks and black shoes.
What to bring – Morning tea (lunch will be provided)
- 8:00am – 8:45am New Boarders move into Boarding Houses.
- 9:00am – 10:00am Orientation Presentation commences in Annand Theatre located near roundabout on Dixon Drive. Procession through Arch of the Good Shepherd follows.
- 10:00am – 11:00am Parents are invited to morning tea at the Dining Hall. Boys will eat their morning tea in their House with House Leaders and Housemasters. Boys are asked to bring their own morning tea. School ID photos are taken in the Memorial Room.
- 11:00am – 11:45am All Years 8-12 boys are assisted with collection of Timetables, Textbooks, Orientation and Photos. Year 7 boys remain in class groups with Core Teachers.
- 11:00am – 12:30pm Parents are invited to return to the Annand Theatre. Headmaster, Mr Wain hosts a session focussing on the different learning styles of boys followed by an address to parents from Dean of Students and Year 7 Coordinator.
- 11:45am – 12:30pm Lunch for all new boys in Dining Hall (no parents) and Housemasters and Management, Prefects and House Leaders.
- 12:30pm Day students dismissed. Parents are invited to collect their son(s) at 12:30 pm from outside the Dining Hall and chat with key staff.
- 1:00pm Boarding parents invited to meet Housemaster and Matron in respective Houses. Light refreshments will be served. Boarders to remain for the evening.