Readers are Leaders…
Andrew Stark | Head of Libraries and ADLT Professional Learning
Want to get great results and develop the habits to become a life-long learner? If so, here are some handy hints:
- Be Engaged: Do not be a bystander, be an active participant in your own learning. Take responsibility for what you need to do to achieve your academic best.
- Be Organised: This means you can find things when you need them, do not forget about work that needs to be completed and you do not have last minute panics. Being organised reduces stress.
- Think Ahead: Part of ‘stepping up’ is that you do not just wait for someone to tell you to do something. You think ahead and work strategically.
- Strive for Excellence: You want to be able to differentiate yourself from others, so think what you can do to make your work stand out from the crowd.
- Study Smart: Don’t stare into textbooks and claim you’re studying; test yourself over and over on the material you need to be able to recall in exams, check you can apply the information you have in your head to different types of questions, and practise as many questions and past examination papers as you can.
You can learn more about how to be a more effective student at www.studyskillshandbook.com.au by logging in with the details below and working through some of the units: