Welcome Rev John Dougherty. Fifteenth Chaplain at The Southport School
In a moving commissioning ceremony on Tuesday presided over by The Right Reverend Cameron Venables in our beautiful St Alban’s Chapel, Reverend John Dougherty was installed as fifteenth Chaplain of The Southport School. An occasion shared across all facets of the TSS community with representatives presenting Rev John with symbolic objects.
- Holy Bible – brought forward by the Chair of School Council.
- Water, a symbol of baptism – brought forward by the Deputy Headmaster – Head of Preparatory School.
- Priest’s Stole – brought forward by the Deputy Headmaster – Head of Learning and Teaching.
- Holy Oils – brought forward by the President of the Old Southportonians’ Association.
- Bread and Wine – brought forward by the School Captain.
- Parent Supporters Shirt – brought forward by a representative of the P&F.
- Other symbols representing the life of The Southport School are brought forward: TSS Notebook (Academics), TSS Sports Cap (Sports), Bugle (Creative Arts), Culture (Clap Sticks), Boarding (House Candle), Cadets (Slouch Hat), Wellbeing (Potted Plant), Preparatory School (Preschool Shirt and Welcome Teddy), Old Southportonians’ Association (Older Old Boys’ Tie).
- Prayer Book and Wooden Cross – brought forward by the Headmaster and Preparatory Student.
Congratulations Rev John, we are so blessed to have you here with us at TSS!